Rotterdam Expat Centre is now Rotterdam International Center. We have moved into a new office in the Groot Handelsgebouw read more

To exchange your licence, you will need to make an appointment at the municipality of Rotterdam:
Once you’ve applied for an exchange of licence, your local council will forward your application to the RDW, where it will be processed. If you contact the RDW yourself to apply for a licence, the application will not be processed.

To apply for a licence, you will need:

  • Your original, valid foreign driver’s licence;
  • A certificate of medical fitness;
    With DigiD, you can only purchase this medical declaration from the Central Office for Motor Vehicle Driver Testing (CBR) or at the municipality of Rotterdam
  • A recent passport photograph;
  • The exchange form (Partially filled in by you and partially by a civil servant from the municipal office);
  • If you have a driving licence which is printed in a non-Latin alphabet (for example Japanese or Greek): a translation of the driving licence concerned, notarised by a sworn interpreter, the embassy or the consulate.